SATURDAY, JUNE 17 - 1PM
Staging area, former Carl Haga Car Dealership. Parade participants are asked to arrive to the staging area by 12:00 pm on parade day.
Only Drum and Bugle Corps, String Bands, and other Professional Bands will proceed directly to Milton State Park for Post Parade Concert.
Note: The public is invited to follow these bands to the State Park following the parade.
All other parade participants will proceed to
Con-Agra parking lot for disassembly and pick-up. They are then encouraged to join the public at the State Park.
PARADE REGISTRATION IS
1. FLOATS must depict a particular particular historic period (e.g., Civil War, WWII, etc.) or a particular decade (e.g., Roaring 20s, 50s, 80s, etc.). Floats will form at the north end of Milton on Route 405, north of B&B Beverage. The maximum height for clearance in the parade route is 12 feet, 6 inches.
2. VEHICLE/MARCHING UNITS will form behind the former Carl Haga Chevrolet (1200 N Front Street). To access the vehicle/marching unit area, use the 10th Street entrance beside B&B Beverage. Personal vehicles will not be allowed to enter this area. Plan to drop off entrants at the intersection of 10th Street and Route 405.
3. CHILDREN participating in the parade MUST be supervised before, during and after the parade.
4. COMMERCIAL ENTRIES are limited to one entry that must be decorated as described above.
5. The Milton Police Department will not allow any candy or other articles to be thrown from moving vehicles. Candy and other handouts may be distributed by walking attendants.
6. First, Second and Third place prizes will be awarded for float entries. Prizes will be awarded during the
Post Parade Concert at the Milton State Park.
7. No political campaigns.